[back to top]

[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #leadersfinal-0 | 2021-02-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I participated in the 5th Brackeys Game Jam, and here's the final version! Tutorial ingame. Here's the itch version!

P#87925 2021-02-20 10:41

Cart #helloworldmodernised-0 | 2021-02-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

So, yesterday my brain exploded when I messed around with the new music filters introduced with 0.2.2, and went on a rampage of updating songs in my local carts to use them where neccesary, and just now I changed the music in the hello.p8 demo. I hope you like it!

P#87889 2021-02-19 13:22

I'm making a collection of songs called Noclip, which anyone here in the community can use with credit, a bit like ToyBox. Here are the tracks I've made so far, enchanced with 0.2.2 music effects!

Track One: Seen. Not sure what you would do with this one, but surprise me!

Cart #noclipseen-0 | 2021-02-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Track Two: SysNull. Spacey vibes. An expanded version of a song I made a bit of time ago.
Cart #noclipsysnull-0 | 2021-02-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

If you use these, comment on the post so that I can see what you've done with them! I'm excited to see the uses of these songs.

P#87887 2021-02-19 12:54

Cart #everlostplanetdemo-0 | 2021-02-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Next demo! Pretty quick, I know. I actually made this one before the movement demo, but meh.

Basically, this demonstrates the system I made for storing planets in a compact way.

One sprite is equal to one solar system. The sprite is split up into columns, where every row is one piece of data.

0 - Sprite to use for planet. Once again, graphics not final.
1 - Start of what's known as the intelligence range. This range will limit species on this planet to minimum and maximum intelligence values, which will change the complexity of the species.
2 - End of intelligence range.
3 - Intelligence modifier. This value is in place to bring average intelligence closer to a certain value.

The rest are seeds for species, species structures, species society and the planet's terrain.

This allows for up to eight planets in one sprite, which if used effectively can let you handcraft a world, with less work and a lot more space.

Also, I came up with a main track for EverLost. That's what plays in the cart.

P#87510 2021-02-11 14:00

Cart #everlostshipdemo-0 | 2021-02-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I'm planning on making a space exploration-game called EverLost and will be releasing demos of planned features. This is the first.

Fly around with arrow keys.
(O) key will switch between controlling ship and controlling pilot inside ship.

Yes, I am aware there are no collisions inside the ship. I'll add that in a later demo.

Please give feedback on movement and controls.

(graphics are not final)

P#87509 2021-02-11 13:49

Made a weird fade-type thing. I'm not entirely sure myself how the deterioration thing works, I just divide the draw colour by the deterioration factor and increase said factor by the deterioration rate every pixel. Messing around with the deterioration rate, starting factor and colour range yields different results, some radically different from others. Adding randomised

pal(x,y)

statements could be cool.

P#87431 2021-02-09 19:03

It is far too easy to create a softlock cartridge.

RUN() -- Softlocks program if run from Splore. The only
      -- way to stop is by closing PICO-8 entirely.

Of course, if run from the command line you can always just press ESC and everything will be fine. But I've tested this by running from Splore and there is no escape.
Try it yourself! Just make sure that you saved your work.

P#87416 2021-02-09 12:16

Cart #activitiespreview-0 | 2021-01-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

So, as I said in my previous post, I am working on a game jam game. There is a problem with the cart above. When score, which the game uses to check progression, reaches 35 it should change the lvl variable to 10 to progress the game. However, when it does eventually reach 35 nothing happens. I simply cannot tell what in the world is going on inside that would halt progression like this. The jam ends tomorrow afternoon BST and if this isn't fixed, I might not be able to upload on time.

P#86872 2021-01-28 13:29

So, I'm working on a game jam game, and I see speed-running potential in it. I'm trying to make a built in speedrunning overlay, and I need to be able to pause the

time()

function so that in the transition areas the time pauses so you can rest for a bit. However, I haven't been able to find anything that can stop, or emulate stopping the time function. I need an answer by Friday afternoon BST since that's when the jam ends.

P#86832 2021-01-27 12:37

Cart #iboss_macromod-4 | 2021-01-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

MACROS: An EyeBoss mod

Basically all credit goes to @BlueCandleGames. They made the original game, and I'm just piggybacking off of their code and sprinkling in some new features. Go check out the original EyeBoss game!

UPDATE 0.2

Features:

• Added "COMPLETED!" text under
    logo after finishing both Normal
    Destroy and Normal Survival.

Changes:

• Added outline style to boss core
  • Completing a mode in Easy difficulty
    will now tell you to "Complete Normal
    mode now!"
  • Added effects to music.

UPDATE 1.0 (Major!)

Features

• Managed to add unlockables! After completing
    a section(when the music changes) you will
    get a skin with the colour of that section's
    signature enemy.
  • Added mode-specific powers. If you complete
    Survival(in Normal), you will get a new skin
    with the name "SURV" which gives you two extra
    lives in destroy and one extra life in survive.
    If you complete Destroy(in Normal), your bullets
    will do extra damage in Destroy and the timer in
    Survive will be lowered to 10 seconds.

Changes

• Made the second to last music track actually be
    unique from the one before it.
  • Made a very subtle colour change to the background.
  • Added victory sounds to both completing a single
    mode and completing the entire game.

BUGFIXES

1.0.1:

• Fixed an issue where boss timer in Survival is
    10 without completing Normal Destroy.

To-Do:

• Get some of you guys' suggestions!
P#86454 2021-01-14 11:26 ( Edited 2021-04-06 10:19)

I'm modifying a 3D raytracing demo to make an engine, and I was doing pretty well until i came to the realisation: I had a limited amount of tiles. Basically, in the way that the original programmer, @Hiinds , designed it, only the top half of only the first page of the spritesheet is available for use. So, basically, what I was thinking is I could use the rest of the spritesheet, and when I no longer needed a certain texture but did need another, I could copy one of the textures into one of the usable slots. What I need is a method to copy a certain part of the spritesheet onto another. How do I do this (if possible)?

P#85115 2020-12-07 15:10

So, I'm modding a game called Andy the Adventurer and making it into more of a spider man style thing. I want the player to be able to grab onto ledges. I've already made the code for making the player go up by four pixels, but what I need to do is get the coordinates of the nearest instance of a certain sprite. Closest to the player that is. It's the most efficient way to do it I think. I have a sprite specifically for ledge grabbing, and it's invisible. In the map editor, I place it directly next to any steep ledges. So yeah.

TLDR: How do I check the top-left corner location of the nearest instance of a sprite, to the player?
Still long, but better.

EDIT: I suppose a better question would be, how do I check if an x,y coordinate is inside a certain sprite on the map?

P#84575 2020-11-21 18:39 ( Edited 2020-11-22 12:27)